What We Cover

Public/Products and Employers Liability: Annual or short period cover to cover your liability in the event that a member of the public, a freelancer, an employee or a volunteer is killed or injured at your event.

Own hired-in Equipment: To cover all the equipment on site regardless of its use or ownership

Cancellation. Abandonment & Non Appearance: Cover you for factors outside your control which lead to the total or partial cancellation of the event. The policy can also include additional expenses cover to help the event continue if more money needs to be spent.

Money: Insurance for any cash that you are responsible for on-site.

Professional Indemnity: To protect you from allegations of breach of duty or negligence in the management and running of your event


What is public liability and why do I need it?

This is required by anyone that is involved in running an event, the policy will respond and pay your legal defence and any damage awarded against you following your negligence that causes injury or damage.

When do I need Employers Liability cover?

You will need Employers Liability to cover any staff or volunteers that are working under your guidance and control. If you subcontract to a 3rd party company (eg security) then you do not need to cover them. If you have volunteers working directly for you (stewarding, litter picking etc) then you will require employers liability cover.

Do I need to insure all the equipment on site/at the venue?

We advise you to check with each supplier as to who is responsible for damage and losses. If the hire company is making you responsible then we can insure the equipment for the period of hire.

Will the cancellation insurance cover adverse weather?

If your event is outdoors and as long as there is at least 14 days before the start then we can provide a policy which will cover you for financial losses caused by your event being cancelled or disrupted by adverse weather. Either in the run up to the event and during the event itself.

Our Clients

Trusted by Discovery… ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Media Insurance Brokers is an independent intermediary authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
You can check these details in the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA's website (www.fca.org.uk) or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
Our FCA register number is 310627

Registered in England and Wales 02404421
Registered address: 7-8 Eghams Court, Boston Drive, Bouvre End, Buckinghamshire

Close Menu